The Safehouse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Safehouse

Sonoma RPG Dresden Files Forum

Great session!

Slagathore
    Slagathore

Character sheet
    Character Name: Dr Hans Frederick
    High Concept: Bullet Proof Monk

Great session! Empty Great session!

Post  Slagathore Mon May 18, 2020 3:26 pm

So I had a total blast playing the game Friday. We may not have covered any real story ground other than getting our mission briefing and arriving on site for a skill challenge (that would be impossible without Carbury). The conflict we had was fun and really helped me realize what game mechanics I would have to look up for next session. (I will do another post on just that!) But just playing in the Dresden verse with you all is great fun (though I missed having Captain Emerson there).

And the Merlin did an outstanding job with some great visuals and an approach to adjudication of rules with an eye towards fun. Really great job. And i loved the way Yokai (please forgive me if I misspelled the name) handled the results of his scouting. Instead of the usual dumb pc solution of running off and getting into trouble, he came in to get a distraction (the bullet proof monk) to become the focus of the enemy, thereby allowing everyone to get to a little better position before everything went down. And it really reminded me that I need to use the comm tech we have a little more. It isn’t in my characters nature, but I should have thought of a better way to get intel to the team, instead of doing my own thing (though I did enjoy the scene as it played out).

Yokai’s trimming of the hair and subsequent infiltration was awesome. It was such a great moment and shows the power of the character for quick infiltration. It made me feel that we were a fairly complete team. I so loved the contact you had made earlier making an appearance to fix things at the end so we could stay on task. Brilliant! (Yokai and the Merlin both).

And it integrated so well with Cadbury’s absolutely brilliant transformer mishap. So good!

And I must say, it was really cool to have Katelyn join the team. The character was immediately familiar, which is normally really hard to establish. And so deadly with a gun!

Interesting enough, I did find that the Zoom approach causes me to refrain from direct dialogue with other characters in favor of speaking directly to the GM. I think that will fade as I get more used to the tech. Yokai did so well with it, engaging me to get involved as the initial distraction, then to bring him into contact with the two thugs down below. I’m still in awe of the quick thinking he used to create a perfect, chaotic entrance to their confidence.

So, I count that as an awesome success for a first Zoom Dresden game.

Bravo, Merlin. Bravo team 42Alpha.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:35 pm