The Safehouse

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Safehouse

Sonoma RPG Dresden Files Forum

2 posters

A new chapter. Discuss what you want to see next...

The Merlin
    The Merlin

Character sheet
    Character Name: The Merlin
    High Concept: Fun over reality

A new chapter. Discuss what you want to see next... Empty A new chapter. Discuss what you want to see next...

Post  The Merlin Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:22 pm

This thread is for us to brainstorm on what we want to see in the coming campaign.

Lets get the creative juices flowing.

-Merlin out
    Slagathore
    Slagathore

Character sheet
    Character Name: Dr Hans Frederick
    High Concept: Bullet Proof Monk

A new chapter. Discuss what you want to see next... Empty Re: A new chapter. Discuss what you want to see next...

Post  Slagathore Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:12 pm

I am all in. I know Michael was talking about some sort of para-governmental agency, which sounds cool.

Only thing I heard which doesn't sound like fun to me would be doing the 100% mortal game. I have a hard time seeing how it would be cool to play Dresden that way, since the book is about a Wizard and his supernatural allies. There are many systems that would handle the mortals vs monsters theme better than FATE (as it could be Cthulhu Dark, where you die when facing a supernatural bad guy. It's just the rule or it could be a far crunchier system that would give the players a feeling that they could use their wits and tech to fight team monster like a D20 modern based system).

My 2 cents.
    Slagathore
    Slagathore

Character sheet
    Character Name: Dr Hans Frederick
    High Concept: Bullet Proof Monk

A new chapter. Discuss what you want to see next... Empty Re: A new chapter. Discuss what you want to see next...

Post  Slagathore Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:43 pm

I like that we have created an interesting and fledgling organization (the GSB) and that we have some assets, but poor organization and internal communication systems. It seem right for a relatively new, global organization. And it helps the GM to not be pressured to come up with CIA level dossiers on all contacts.

I like my character and I find it easy to create characters to fit into the organization.

I don't like the large group size as I don't think it is ideal for story driven games. It lends itself more to combat oriented games. Which is not the main thing with DFRPG. However, I think most of our sessions will be closer to 5-6 players than 8, I still think the DFRPG (based on games I've played in and run) work better in the 3-5 range. It will be a bigger burden on the Merlin because of the large number of players. It will also require simple plots (As we will take much longer to complete any investigation activities).

I like that we can be involved in large and small problems alike. I get the sense that if we had moved quicker, we might have even faced a counter organization closing in on the location of the asset as well. A nice plot twist that would have made.

I like our host's hospitality -- man that was good tri-tip!

I may eventually even like the site and posting here. But it will take getting a couple other people involved to do that, I think.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:30 am